Apr 24, 2008

And the winner is...

Not us in Canada's snowy climes, we're the losers. I was boasting a couple of weeks ago about how warm it was. Now, back to sub-freezing temps with over a foot of snow last weekend. Total dreck, and golf season pushed back another 10 days. At least.

I did resolve the Blackberry dilemma, and got an 8830 World Edition. Let me tell you, this thing ROCKS. Anyone that has an older model Blackberry with a trackwheel really owes it to themselves to upgrade. The little trackball is way more practical.

How so? It's more intuitive than the wheel - you will find you stop reaching for the wheel very quickly. No holding the ALT key to move left or right either. Which brings me to the greatest thing I've seen on a Blackberry - a theme. Of all things.

It's the "Today Plus" theme (available over the air at mobile.blackberry.com). This gives all the benefits of the "Today" theme and the "Zen" theme together. Full review here, but it makes the BB so extremely useful. I love this one more than the last, and I really did like the last.

So, since I have this new unit - does it help? It does. I'm doing a lot more GTD because I'm doing a lot more playing with my BB and with Nextaction! And since the device and the theme work together to save me time, it is not as hard entering a new next action on the Blackberry.

Both are highly recommended. This is truly a great unit.

No comments: