Aug 7, 2007

Success by obstinance

Let me say this: SUCCESS! I managed to do a weekly review today. It took a long time, and I had to get rid of some stuff left over from bad habits (read laziness) that meant I was really tied up most of this morning. Plus, I didn't block everything out - I still dealt with staff, some phone calls, etc.

I had an epiphany though while I was doing my review. The weekly review itself had become "stuck", to use David Allen's term, stuck by the fact that I was essentially trying to do a RAM dump at the same time as the review. Once I moved off from that, things flew.

I'm still all backwards about how I GTD - my blurring of the collection/Weekly Review/processing stages has probably delayed everything. However, I'm now getting into the full swing of things.

And for anyone interested, my stupidity/laziness from above was putting in tasks without setting a category, trusting that I will do that as I do the Weekly Review. 100 things to categorize in Lookout before I can get the WR done. Simple thing to do, but it takes time.

No comments: