May 12, 2007

A blog of my day...

How exciting. I've cleaned. I've washed walls and prepped to paint. I've taken care of my children, who are very active. And I've blogged. Not that the blogging takes more than about 4 minutes at a time, when you're just blogging about the mundane.

Instinctively, I know what I am doing. I can remember an article (that I can no longer find) about David Allen taking a morning and pruning a pine tree on his property, because it needed doing. Just like cleaning out the garage, it felt good. I'm primed, and ready to patch and then paint. I'm ready to cook dinner. Most of all, Muppet#2 and I are ready for Muppet#1 to wake up and have a snack, so that we can go out and work on the yard for a bit.

Tonight, I plan on watching a movie with SWMBO, then pulling out the laptop and GTDing while I watch some late night television. I think the GTD will win. It will be part of my brain dump.

Ever get the feeling you're doing a brain dump because you are so overwhelmed? That's kind of what it seems like for me right now. Ah well, I will get through it - I just have to worry, after all I've taken a new job within the past few months, and I am putting a lot of pressure on myself to perform...

No comments: