May 11, 2007

One more reason the Blackberry is so darn cool.....

Ok, so this is primarily YABGTDB (Yet Another Bloody GTD Blog), and I have previously railed against the constant farting around that people seem to do with the GTD system. Fine. However, Google is certainly embracing the BB movement pretty wholeheartedly.

Google has released a few apps for the BB, including Google Maps and most importantly for GTD'ers, GMail. I don't really use GMail all that much, but I know there are a lot of GTD'ers that are trying to use nothing but the Google apps. Having it so mobile should help them out. There is no BB program to sync the unit's calendar with Google Calendar, but I'm sure that is coming. (How long until Google acquires Open Office and integrates it's suite of apps into an Outlook-type program?)

One last thing - I blogged this on my Blackberry. Using my Gmail account. Really, quite useful. A blog as a ubiquitous capture tool anyone? A whole new meaning to 5ives (http://www.5ives.com).

No comments: