Dec 23, 2005

The "busy" season

Let me start off by saying that once I figure out what is going on with the picture, I'll get it fixed. (See below - it's a great shot, you will have to trust me!)

It's the time of year that I never plan for well enough. We always go away for the holidays, as we have family both back east and out west, so getting ready to go away, especially at work, is hectic. Shopping this year was easy and done early. Shipping was done not-too-early, but was cheap. I can't figure out from Canada Post if the delivery of both items was made, but oh well.

I managed not just to un-stick a major project, but to work on it for about 5 hours yesterday. That got it to the point where I could hand it up the food chain for approval, which was like a monkey off my back. It meant I had to do a proposal tonight, while on vacation, but the thing is done. Handed off to one of our support folks for printing.

I'm through to Chapter 10 in my re-read of GTD. I fully expect to finish the book before Christmas, and also have "Ready for Anything" with me, which is perfect - 52 chapters, 52 weeks in a year.

I won't be posting much over the coming few days, but I will still do so occasionally. Have a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2006.

No comments: