Dec 15, 2005

Let your GTD slide

Today was a day filled with frustration. I had such high hopes – I even went a new route to the office that was suggested by a friend, and saved 10 minutes. How wonderful!

On arrival, our receptionist’s computer was dead, and I had to swap it for one of our spares, thank heaven we have them. Frustrating to lose time you had planned to spend doing other things, especially when the Christmas Crunch is looming. However, we got the problem resolved, and I spent the day essentially putting out fires, or trying to feel like I was being more productive. I did manage to process my "in".

SWMBO has long been searching for the "perfect" planner or notebook to jot her thoughts. After my reading several blogs on GTD (including Michael Hyatt's, which I've posted a permanent link to), I've read many people rave about the Moleskine (pronounced mole-ah-skein-ah) notebook. I found them at Notables, a gifty-type stationary store, and $15.00 I had another gift for my wife. I'll secretly have a good look to see what everyone is fussing about...

Personally, I've chosen a made-in-canada option - the Blueline A9 notebook. Great notebook, spiral bound, able to take a beating (it would seem), and perforated pages. The only thing missing is a built-in ribbon / bookmark, but I'm sure I will live with it. $8.95 at Grand and Toy. I am needing to admit, though, that for the luxury of it, I am sorely tempted with another Canaadian offering - one of the Pierre Belvedere notebooks (right below the Moleskine). Leather-look, perforated pages and a bookmark. Very nice looking, but at $17.95, I'm sticking with my Blueline A9.

FWIW, this relates because of an article I read at Michael Hyatt's site. He's right - I've only started taking notes on everything for a week, and alreadyd I've found them useful to refer to.

Tomorrow will be better.

No comments: